Ensemble Investments is a commercial real estate investment firm that specializes in hotel, multi-family and healthcare development. We have a proven track record and a successful history of investing with a variety of capital partners including pension funds, private equity, REITs, and high net worth individuals with target transactions from $10 million to $300 million.
Ensemble is looking to hire a motivated candidate with strong analytical and communication skills who will provide development and acquisition support to senior professionals at the firm. The Financial Associate will be responsible for taking the lead on financial modeling, preparing investment summaries, risk/reward analysis, market research, due diligence, monitoring asset performance, and ad hoc decision support along with assisting entitlement and development activities. The ideal candidate must work well in a team environment, demonstrate a reliable work ethic, and be able to manage and prioritize many projects at once.
- Underwriting potential acquisitions, including performing due diligence, conducting market research, and modeling cash flows and deal structures
- Underwrite new investment and development opportunities using Microsoft Excel and Argus Software. Analysis to include cash flow modeling, property valuations, investment analyses (IRRs, CAP rate, sensitivity tables, etc.) and investment structuring.
- Analyze and underwrite potential acquisition opportunities
- Prepare narrative deal summaries and capital memoranda
- Understand physical characteristics of properties and the related competitive advantages and disadvantages
- Assemble and gather market information including rental and sales comparables, vacancy rates, and expense comparables through independent field work and direct contact with brokers, appraisers and developers
- Review and analyze legal contracts such as applications, commitments and loan documents
- Assemble the above referenced information into a concise memorandum, thorough narrative description of the transaction
Required Skills and Responsibilities
- Undergraduate degree with a strong understanding of financial concepts
- At least 2 years of applicable work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function in a team-oriented setting and to work well on your own
- Attention to detail and ability to function under tight time frames
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to travel as required
- Strong sense of personal motivation and responsibility
Salary dependent upon experience, plus benefits including medical, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K.